Java is a programming language that developers use to create applications on your computer. Chances are you’ve downloaded a program that required the Java runtime, and so you probably have installed it on your system. Java also has a web plug-in that allows you to run these apps in your browser.
- Simple: Java is easy to learn and its syntax is quite simple, clean and easy to understand.The confusing and ambiguous concepts of C++ are either left out in Java or they have been re-implemented in a cleaner way.
- Robust: Java makes an effort to eliminate error prone codes by emphasizing mainly on compile time error checking and run-time checking.
- Secure: When it comes to security, Java is always the first choice. With java secure features it enable us to develop virus free, temper free system. Java program always runs in Java runtime environment with almost null interaction with system OS, hence it is more secure.
- Object Oriented: In Java everything is Object which has some data and behavior. Java can be easily extended as it is based on Object Model.
- Platform Independent: Unlike other programming languages such as C,C++ etc which are compiled into platform specific machines. Java is guaranteed to be write-once, run-anywhere language.
- Multi Threading: Java multi threading feature makes it possible to write program that can do many tasks simultaneously.Benefit of multithreading is that it utilizes same memory and other resources to grammatical errors and checked along.